The overall goal of the Kidiwise curriculum is to ensure children grow up as competent, creative, confident learners and communicators, secure in their sense of belonging and in the knowledge that they are able to interract capably socially with their peers, teachers and adults.
We recognise children as unique individuals who each learn in their own special way. Our curriculum concentrates on child focussed learning encouraging children to take responsibility for their learning. Our teachers make the resources available, follow the children's interests, get involved in doing with them and help them along the way with their physical, mental and emotional development. Other important skills children develop in readiness for school are turn taking, social interaction with their peers, word and number identification, writing and drawing skills. Learning should be fun. To develop children's thirst for learning, at Kidiwise we integrate learning into fun educational activities. These activities are designed to encourage children to focus and concentrate, the two fundamental elements for learning. Here are a few examples:-
- weekly science lessons in our designated science room
- regular mat times with reading, singing and movements
- biking around the centre on two wheelers with training wheels and developing the confidence to ride without training wheels
- walks through the two acres of native bush surrounding our centre where there are mud slides, huge logs and rope climbs, challenging the children's co-ordination, motor skills and agility
- regular art and craft activities - encouraging writing and creative skills
- learning to count, shapes and numbers by building objects with the many resources we have available
- learning how to cook with our interactive kitchen
- germinating seeds in our shadehouse or planting and tending veges in the vegetable garden
- learning to ride our miniature pony, Sushi, and joining in farm adventures
- learning to swim in the spring/summer twice a week
- feeding, watering and talking to our chickens, guinea pigs, piglets and Sushi (pony).
What makes us special....
Kids learn about germinating seeds in our shadehouse or planting and tending veges in the vegetable garden.
We offer weekly science lessons in our designated science room.
Regular mat times with reading, singing and movements. Also weekly dance and music lessons.
Walks through the two acres of native bush surrounding our Centre where there are mud slides, huge logs, rope climbs, challenging the children's co-ordination, motor skills and agility.